Try a Pilates session today.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

2011-Leaving the Hospital


Day 3- Discharge today!..Yikees
PT came back today and I walked the entire orthopedic floor at UCSF and practiced on the faux staircase. Much better day for movement and regaining all feeling back in my leg. P.T.-Chris guided me through all the in-bed exercises to do. Very similar to foundation moves in Pilates! Heel sides, quad isometrics with glutes, ankle pumps, ankle stirs, adduction and abduction. These last 2 were Believe me I felt them all!! Doing isometrics is great to get those muscles woken up.

I dressed myself in my street clothes and organized my belongings. Lots of instruction on going home and home care. I little nervous about how I will be able to move and feel at home.  My friend Dallas drove me home and was very careful. Everything was a bit harder at home. My bed was lower than hospital bed, sitting on hard edge of toilet bowl is sensitive! Ouch! more moving of leg and lifting onto/off of the bed. I bought a handbag on QVC to make myself feel better. I am planning on returning it. (i did)