Try a Pilates session today.

Monday, July 18, 2011

WEEK-5 Post op

With feeling better comes over-doing it. I did some yard work, moving pots of dirt around, without stick. Nothing sudden or a fall, but just increased pain in my hip and low back. This is good, cause I need to know my own boundaries. I need the stick, but it gets in the way and I try t give it a go without it. Everyone keeps telling be “be careful”.

Besides, PT and swimming 2-4 a week. I have been adding Pilates work in as well. Some exercises I have been working on: 
CADILLAC: rollbacks, push thru w/ side bend, articulating/neutral bridges (working up to singles), clams, side leg lifts.
REFORMER: foot and leg work, (working up to single leg) straps, standing butt blaster, kneeling arm work with yoga block, frame pull in neutral!
CHAIR: standing balance, VMO pump, side stretch.
MAT: adductor stretches, supported table top, marching with pelvic differentiation, psoas stretch, prone leg lifts, quadruped- leg lifts, and knee to chest, Childs pose!